Thursday, July 1, 2010

Electrician’s Helper

Today we switched gears and went from a day of fun to a big project, the beginning of a kitchen remodel. It actually started last weekend when my husband removed the breakfast counter in the kitchen. All that remained was a post with three light switches (power) that had to be moved before the post could be removed. As is often the case with a project in an older home, we discovered some things we did not anticipate.  Thankfully, we work well together and being an electrician’s helper, or whatever the job calls for, it not a bad job, a bit frustrating for both of us at times though, but we work through it. But with no electric that meant as no painting and no computer for the better part of the day today AND I could not check my work email.  It turned out to be the beginning of a real vacation. I don’t think I will be able to check it tomorrow as we have to finish this project tomorrow so the power will be off tomorrow too, but hopefully not all day? And with the long weekend beginning tomorrow, at some point it just won’t matter what’s is my email box. The weather was beautiful today, the humidity broke. We took many breaks to contemplate our situation and enjoy the weather. And I continued to read which is something I really don’t get a chance to do when I’m working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time from your day to stop by! It's always nice to hear from readers. I read all comments and do try to respond.
Blessings,
Colleen