Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rain, Rain, Don't Go Away

Finally, it is a rainy day.  We need rain very bad here in Central Jersey, and many other places.  The grass is brown in many places.  I believe the green areas I see, may be weeds, crab grass, things of that sort.   We are watering the garden, but some municipalities are putting a moretoreum against the unnecessary use of water.   Just this morning my husband was trying to remember when he last mowed the yard.   We decided it was before vacation on June 25th!   This past winter when we had several feet of snow on the ground I thought how wonderful the slow melt of the snow would be for the grass.   And it was.  But now we need a little water, please.   My grandmother used to tell me time flies the older you get.  And she was right.   I will enjoy the summer, water or not, because before I know it, winter will be here again.   There are lots of things I like about winter, but, there are some things I would change, possibly the length of it.  Spring and Fall could be longer then.   Hmm, if we are working on a perfect world, I should probably start with something a bit more pressing?  Oh, I'm just dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time from your day to stop by! It's always nice to hear from readers. I read all comments and do try to respond.
Blessings,
Colleen