Saturday, July 24, 2010

Fibre Projects

Watercolor "Pears"

Rug Hooked Wall hanging - 18" x 18"
I have recently learned to knit and I've just finished my second scarf.  Yippy!  I had always wanted to learn to knit.  Thanks to the patience and teaching of several friends I can knit, nothing to fancy though!   I also learned rug hook around the same time.  That requires a bit more of my attention.   Rug hooking was one of those "come take this class with me" moments.   I'm glad I did.  I had a lot of fun and was completely mesmerized by all of the colors in Karen's fabric room.  I just stood and started at all of the fabric and all of the things Karen had made, the wheels spinning in my head.   Karen is a great teacher and a wonderful lady.  The picture of the scarf did not come, it was too dark.  So here is my second rug hooking project.  It is about 18 inches square and  make a nice wall hanging.  It is a bit too big for a chair pad.   It is a pattern I designed, with the help of Karen Worthington from Blue Tulip Woolery, based loosely on one of my paintings, also shown.  I have lots of other ideas . . . the story of my life!   Lest you think I am avoiding painting (or is it me that's thinking that?) I do have 4 paintings started, and I'm trying to go at it a bit slower, but more steady.  Not quite ready to show my progress.  I bit too revealing at this point.   Soon, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time from your day to stop by! It's always nice to hear from readers. I read all comments and do try to respond.
Blessings,
Colleen