Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sketching

I mentioned last month that I wanted to do two paintings.   I am very slow to get started.  There, I've said it.   I'm really not sure why it takes me so long to start.  When I have a painting started, I work at it a little bit at a time.  It's good to step back and assess what you've done.  But it seems to take me quite a while to get started.   It's as if I have some great  mountain to climb and I think about the journey but never get out on the trail and start the journey.   I suppose one of the things that presents an obstacle for me is that I started to makes sketches of what I want to paint a year or so ago if I have a specific idea in mind.   It is not my favorite part of the process.  I could compare it to eating your vegetables first, that is if you dont' like vegetables?  But it is a learning experience and it is needed as it helps to see the value in the painting before I embark on the color.   I keep telling myself the more I sketch the better I'll get.   I'm not sketching very much so I'm not getting much better.    I keep thinking back to my posting about habits.   If I could sketch each day that would be wonderful.   Finding the time is the real challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time from your day to stop by! It's always nice to hear from readers. I read all comments and do try to respond.
Blessings,
Colleen