Saturday, August 6, 2011

Thanks Barb!

I had lunch yesterday with a friend from a former job, Barbara Reeder.  She's actually the person who got me started in watercolor oh so many years ago!  We worked in two different real estate offices that were adjacent to each other and visited back and forth.   We kind of lost touch over the years but earlier this year we ran into each other on the street in Princeton and discovered that we are again working just about next door to each other, not quite as close as before.  We keep in touch thru facebook although I'm not a great facebooker (is that a word?) and we have lunch once in a while.  I told her about my blog and she shared it with her facebook friends.  Thanks Barb! 

My first watercolor class was with Lucy Graves McVicker, a friend of Barbara's.  This is the first painting I was happy with.   It's called "Lucy's Tree".  Lucy walked me thru several portions of this so it felt like it was as much hers as mine.  Barb and I had alot of fun in Lucy's studio with many other talented artists, learning about watercolor.  The lessons we learned are ones I will always remember.   Lucy always found the best part of everything we painted - no matter what it looked like!  Lucy's husband Chuck played the piano alot during our lessons.  We always enjoyed our time with Lucy.

Barb IS a great facebooker - she has the BEST posts.  Today this is what she posted and I had to share it!

When I woke up this morning, I asked myself, "What is life about?" I found the answer in my room...the fan said, "Be cool." The roof said, "Aim high." The window said, "See the world!" The clock said, "Every minute is precious." The mirror said, "Reflect before you act." The calendar said, "Be up to date." The door said, "Push hard for your goals." The floor said, "Kneel down and pray"...~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time from your day to stop by! It's always nice to hear from readers. I read all comments and do try to respond.
Blessings,
Colleen