Monday, August 8, 2011

Staycation . . day 1

Today was the first day of MY staycation.  Chuck is working, I am not!   I had the whole day to myself!   Want to know what I did?   I hope so 'cause here it is!  I walked the dogs, like I always do.  At 8am I decided that if I wanted to weed I better do it before it got too hot.  So I weeded in the front and picked up the branches from Chuck's shrub trimming on Sunday.  Then I had breakfast, read a little bit and decided that I would wrestle one of  the stuffed chairs out of the house to see if it would fit in to the back of my subaru.  We have talked about donating these 2 chairs to the church for about 5 months but don't seem to do it.  I got the first chair out the front door.  Step one accomplished.  Amazingly, the chair fit in the back of my car.  Yeah!  You would not believe what I've had in that car!  Off to church I went (5 minutes away) to deliver the first chair.  And back home to get the second.  When I got home after delivering the second chair I decided I should rake the pile of stones in the driveway by my.  I had lunch first, leisurely of course, and read some more.  And when it was really hot out, I went out to tackle the pile of stones.  Then I decided I would go back to weeding and I went to the back yard and did some more weeding. We have a lot of fenced in beds to keep the deer from eating all of our plants and lots of areas to weed.  I watered the plants, cleaned the bird feeder and did a few other things too.  All in all it was a good day.  I got a lot done. 

Tomorrow I might have a bit more fun.  I think a picnic might be in my future!

Take Care,

Colleen
"No two gardens are the same.  No two days are the same in one garden."   
Hugh Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time from your day to stop by! It's always nice to hear from readers. I read all comments and do try to respond.
Blessings,
Colleen