Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mornings at my house

Every morning, the alarm goes off at 5:30, except for Saturday and Sunday.  On those days, my body clock still wakes up at 5:30 but I get to go back to sleep for a short while until a cold nose wakes me up at 6:15 to go outside!   During the week, I'm up at 5:45 and moving slow.  Dressed, with the dogs fed and a few very small chores done, I head out with Darla for a little walk around 6:30.  

Here we are headed down the driveway.  Does she look happy?  She is.  She is such a good girl.  I tell her that all the time.  It's been 7 weeks since the ACL surgery on her leg and she has a bit of a limp after the walk, but the vet said she needs the exercise.  And she loves it.   She just can't wait to run around in the yard.  That's next week.  I'm a little afraid.   But she needs the freedom.   I just pray she does not hurt herself. 


And now we are on the road.   Soon we will pass Kiera's house.  Kiera is an Australian Cattle dog/Border collie Mix.  She is really sweet.   We always stop to visit, quickly of course.  Sometimes we see our neighbor Pat with her cocker spaniel, Jack.   And if we are really lucky  we see Terry, with her poodle Spike.  That's a fun morning.


And after our walk and all of  our visiting, we head home so Buddy can have a walk.  And we almost always find Buddy waiting for us at the window.  Can you see how dirty the window is.  We fondly call it Buddy Slime.  He spends a lot of time in the chair at the window and barks at the world as it goes by.  Buddy drools quite a bit.   And when he barks . . . well, maybe you get the picture. It's yucky!  But we love Buddy, slime/drool and all. 


And then it's a quick change of the leash and off I go with Buddy.  If Darla and I did not see Kiera, Jack or Spike, Buddy and I might!  We do this on the weekend too, just not as early.  I know they love the walks and I enjoy the morning walk.  It clears my head for the day.   As the days get shorter I will probably be walking in the dark.  I counted street lights the other morning.  I think I'll be OK.   

Blessings,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time from your day to stop by! It's always nice to hear from readers. I read all comments and do try to respond.
Blessings,
Colleen