Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Time is Now

Inspired by the movie Julie, Julia, I thought I'd start a blog about painting. In the movie, Julie decides to cook her way thru Julia Child's the Art of French Cooking and blog about it. I'm not quite that ambitous yet. I did think that a blog about painting might actually make me paint instead of just thinking about painting. And I have to admit I've been thinking about this blog for awhile. Actually so long that I got really ambitous and took two watercolor classes, one on Tuesday nights and one on Saturday mornings. And now the classes are over. So, I guess this is where "the rubber hits the road", or perhaps more appropriately, where the paint brush hits the paper? I had lots of ideas about how to blog about painting. I could read an instructional painting book a month, I certainly have enough of those types of books! And then I could paint from the lessons in the books. Or, I could paint at least one painting a month from all the things I have collected that I found inspirational. That should be easy. But the cold hard truth is I just need to make time to paint and whatever happens happens. I'll be sure to let you see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time from your day to stop by! It's always nice to hear from readers. I read all comments and do try to respond.
Blessings,
Colleen