Sunday, January 9, 2011

Recipe Card - Mrs. Smith's Onion Pie


I made recipe cards to go with the breads I gave at Christmas time and thought it would be fun to share.  There are so many places on the web to find fun graphics I thought this might be fun to dig into to my recipes and share some with you.   Mrs. Smith's Onion Pie happens to be one of my favorite recipes.   It's SO easy to make and the taste is worth singing about!  The onions are sweet and the Swiss cheese like velvet.

CLICK on card to open large version to print
Who is Mrs. Smith?  She was like a second mom to me.  I actually had two second Mom's.  I'll tell you about the other one later.  Mrs. Smith was my first, second mom, confused yet!   The Smiths moved away in 1967 to Ithaca, New York.  It's a beautiful place, we've visited often, but I still miss her!   She was full of love!  Everything was fun.  What comes to mind when I think of Gwen are waffles.  If I was at the Smith's in the morning or at lunch time, Gwen made waffles.  I must have been at their house quite often because I remember a lot of waffles!   She played a game with Guy, her son, and I where she would lie perfectly still on the couch and we would hide little army men all over her, in the folds of her clothes, in her hair, in her socks. It kept us busy for quite a while.  I realized in my 30s or so talking with someone about it one day that she was actually napping AND entertaining us - oh how clever!  I remember she made me feel loved and so special and I spent a lot of time at their house. 

I hope you like the recipe card.  I hope to have another one for you in February.   

Blessings,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time from your day to stop by! It's always nice to hear from readers. I read all comments and do try to respond.
Blessings,
Colleen