Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A FUN Visit to the Library of Congress

It will be fun, and you can visit from the comfort of your home!  I discovered a while ago that the Library of Congress has an amazing photo collection.  Once in a while something jogs this poor little memory of mine and I check out the photographs.

Take a quick peek at the Library of Congress main page and when you have time to explore, go back to look for pictures of your state or town or something in particular you might be interested in. I also discovered they have a Flickr photostream.   It's not organized, at least not that I could tell.  I got a bit lost looking at pictures.  There are over 650 pages.  Needless to say I did not see all of them, or come any where close to seeing all of them.  I did see a picture of Connie Mack.   Anyone know who that is?  He was a rather well known team manager for the Philadelphia Athletics back in the early 1900s.  There was a stadium named in his honor.  It was demolished in the 50s or 60s.

Here's a few things I found in the Photochrom Prints:


Orange Grove, California
South Dome, Yosemite

Cromwell's Bridge, County Cork
Nassau Hall, Princeton University
Detroit, Belle Isle, Forrest Drive

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am SO jealous! I've always wanted to visit the Library of Congress? Did you just see the Cooper Hawk they captured inside? Great story, thoroughly enjoyable.
    I want to visit the Spy Museum as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time from your day to stop by! It's always nice to hear from readers. I read all comments and do try to respond.
Blessings,
Colleen