Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

I wish you all a happy, healthy and safe New Year filled with god's blessings.

Santa brought me a new camera and a book and the supplies to learn Chinese brush painting.  Lots of new things to learn.   Here's a picture of our back yard the day after Christmas.  We just missed a white Christmas.   I've tried my hand at Chinese brush painting.  I am having fun experimenting with the brushes and paper, both different from the brushes and paper I am used to.   The paper is placed on a  blanket to soak up the water, with weights on either side to hold it down.  I am used to taping the paper to a hard board to keep the paper from buckling when it's wet from water or wet paint.   Brushes are held straight up, instead of at an angle.   I should have something besides doodle lines and dots to show soon!

I am starting the year out in a Etsy Treasury.  Here is a picture of it and here's the link http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4d1f460929328eefa772df6a/2011-resolution?ref=pr_treasury.

Lots of great items in this Treasury.  It is always fun to look at what other people make and learn about what inspires them.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your new artwork and love the photo. I'm etsy dumb and don't know what a treasury is but some of those items look enticing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time from your day to stop by! It's always nice to hear from readers. I read all comments and do try to respond.
Blessings,
Colleen