Thursday, December 2, 2010

51 Weeks until Thanksgiving, Seriously?

Thanksgiving was a week ago and I still feel "stuffed".   I realized I've been so busy I forgot to share with you what I did Thanksgiving morning!.   My frirend Robin and her daughter Elsa and I participated in the Turkey Trot in Flemington, a 5K run and 2 mile walk to raise money for the Center for Eeducational Advancement.  I am told there were 4,300 runners.  I don't know what 4,300 people in one place looks like, but there were ALOT of runners and it took A LONG time for all the runners to pass before the walkers could start.   So I tend to believe there were 4,300 runners.   We had alot of fun.  It even started to snow towards the very end of the walk.   There were lots of people dressed up in costumes and some wore funny hats.  I forgot my camera and only took pictures with my cell phone so I did not take alot of pictures.  We had a lot of fun and will do it again next year.    

Robin and Elsa

Turkey Man and Chef
Start of the Race in front of Union Hotel, 4,300 runners

COME JOIN US NEXT YEAR.  IT WILL BE FUN!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Colleen
    I found you on the Etsy Castteam directory - love your blog :-)
    Blessings
    Julie (Maxies Knitwear)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time from your day to stop by! It's always nice to hear from readers. I read all comments and do try to respond.
Blessings,
Colleen